As a Dub in Fethard-on-Sea this weekend I loved:
- the fact that the parade was the day before St. Patrick's day, after 30 years Fethard couldn't wait the extra day
- snakes and shamrocks painted on faces in Nevilles
- more tractors than my daughter has ever seen in one place
- the float of VW models which the kids loved
- the home made cookies to keep the onlookers sweet
- the enterprising community spirit that made it all happen
- the green VW Beetle
- the amazing after parade party which had everyone in our family dancing away
- the bemused Americans who wondered did we know we had got the day wrong.
I am very proud to be Irish.