Contact information for Data Protection queries
Address: 10 Anglesea Road,
Mobile: 087 8157412
1. The Data we collect
As a data controller we collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services, and we will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely.
We may ask you to provide us the following data:
- First name, last name, address, phone number, email, family member’s names and children’s ages.
- Obviously being a photographic business we also create and manage images as per our contractual agreement.
We require a parent or a legal guardian to consent to photography for all persons we photograph under the age of 13.
We use the above data to deliver our service to you and to provide you with the products you order.
We often ask clients if we may share some of the images from their session for marketing purposes or use them to enter photographic competitions. We always ask for this permission by email after you have seen the images that have been created. We never share images with the public on our website or through social media unless you have explicitly consented to this sharing.
We collect this data to arrange and fulfil the Contract.
When you visit our website we also collect Cookies. These are small pieces of data that websites send to a user's computer and are stored on the user's web browser. They are designed to allow users to navigate and use key features of the website. This helps us deliver our service to you.
2. Which third parties do we share Data/Personal Data with?
We share images taken under our contract with the following suppliers in order to provide our service to you. We ensure your name is not used in any identifier associated with the image so that our suppliers/service providers will have no way of identifying you.
- Website Provider
- Backup Provider
If you agree to sharing images from your session for marketing or competition purposes then images may be shared on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, other social media or Photographic Competition sites. As above your name will not be used in any identifier associated with the image.
We share personal data with the following third parties:
Data Storage Provider - Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield.
Contact Management Software Provider - Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield.
Email Provider - Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield.
Website Provider - Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield.
Accountant - Data is not transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
3. Why do we share your Personal Data with the above?
We share your data in order to:
- fulfil our service to you
- provide the products you have ordered
- to keep copies of the photographic work undertaken by Maureen Stuart Photography
- for marketing and for entering photographic competitions if you explicitly consent to this
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) if necessary e.g. if a third party we utilise has servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case, we will that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU's guidelines. You can see above where we send data outside of the EEA and on what basis we do so.
4. How do we keep your personal data secure?
We keep your data secure by following internal policies which minimise the amount of personal data held and ensure that personal data is stored on a platform which is GDPR compliant and follows the EU/US Privacy Shield.
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we will also inform you.
5. Third Party Websites
We may keep some of your personal data for up to 7 years after our last working contract with you has finished for Tax legislation purposes.
Maureen Stuart Photography aims to keep all images created for a period of 12 months from the date of the contract and may then archive some of the images to facilitate requests for replacement images being made several years after the contract and for review purposes by Maureen Stuart Photography. Archived images are never shared on websites/social media unless explicit consent has been given. We ensure your name is not used in any identifier associated with the image so that our suppliers/service providers will have no way of identifying you.
8. You have the following rights
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- the right to have your personal data erased
- the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
- the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
- rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
We also give you the option to manage your data by emailing email@example.com